Monday, May 5, 2014

Cool Tool: Wordmark.it

Not a lot of time to write, but I just stumbled across this tool while researching information about blogs (thank you to GCFLearnFree.org!) and had to share.

I have a love-hate relationship with fonts. I despise a boring document. When I can make a title or heading fun, I do it. One reason writing within Blogger bugs me a little - not a lot of font options here. But it gets the job done.

If I'm designing something in any other program, though, you bet I'm going to use fun fonts. And thanks to our school yearbook, I have A LOT on my computer. But part of the hate aspect of my long-term relationship with fonts is finding the right one for the text I'm working with. The process goes something like...

  • Type in the text
  • Highlight it
  • Go to font menu
  • Hover over the name of the font I'm interested in (IF I'M LUCKY! Depends on the program) OR Select the name of the font I'm interested in
  • Repeat for various fonts until I find the perfect one

...UNTIL NOW

Enter WORDMARK.IT. I go to the website, type words into a box at the top of the page, click "Load Fonts" and voila! A preview of said words in every font on my computer. And the ability to change various aspects of it in the preview (all caps, font size, etc.). Mind blown. Time saved. Creativity enabled. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment